Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 2

I almost forgot to do this, of course.
It wasn't hard getting out of bed today as the boyfriend has taken up snoring - at 5 am this morning. So I am totally exhausted because of that combined with a very bad day at work. We had an emergency "meeting" called by the boss so she could complain about all the mistakes we're making. Not fair OR welcome. Having my work insulted is something I get pretty emotional about, so of course I cried in the bathroom. I always have a shitty boss.
So I treated myself to lunch out (I do it so often that I should no longer consider it a 'treat') where I had vegetable soup and a half a chicken salad sandwich (a new fave). Eating lunch alone in a restaurant while reading is really one of my favorite things. So that was nice until I saw a couple of my patients seated across the way from me. Oh well, at least they are happy and pregnant.
I had to stay at work late on account of it being Thursday and I had to help one of the pain doctors give patients injections in very sensitive areas. I can't even think about it without crossing my legs.
I drove home from 430 to 530 in the rain. The weather here has been crap lately- dark and rainy and cold. The wood casing of our window seems to be rotten and our heat doesn't work so we aren't the most comfortable.
We went to Ralph's and loaded up on 75 dollars of food for only about 50. We've been improving our coupon organization. I made a new recipe tonight from the Cooking Light 2007 cookbook. It involved pasta, cheese, spinach, and bacon - very very good. I don't see how it was light when it involved a ton of cheese and half and half, but I will accept it.
Thinking about bed...

No comments: